About Crossroads Care
Crossroads care is a national network of local charities employing over 5,000 trained professionals and helping over 35,000 people. We are Britain’s leading provider of support for Carers and the people they care for. There are some six million people in Britain who care for others. Many reach a turning point, a crossroads, at which they feel they need help with caring, a sympathetic ear or some time to themselves. This is what Crossroads does.
Our respite care services operate throughout Brighton, Hove and East Sussex including Eastbourne, Bexhill, Hastings, Hailsham and surrounding areas.
East Sussex, Brighton and Hove Crossroads Care is a registered Charity that has been providing vital respite breaks to unpaid Carers for 10 years. Our core purpose is to improve the quality of life of unpaid Carers and the people for whom they care, to maintain and improve their physical and mental well-being.
Our Values (It’s All About Passion!)
• Trust – we understand that our services only respond to carers’ needs when they can trust us to care for the person they support
• Involvement – carers and the people they support drive Crossroads Care service design and development
• Quality – we ensure that our services are high quality, flexible, responsive and continually improving
• Family Friendly – we recognise that our service impacts on families and friends – not just the carer and the person they support – and so we design our services with that in mind
• Availability and accessibility – we work to make our services available and accessible to as many carers and people they support as possible
• Dignity and respect – we always treat carers and the people they support with dignity and respect
• Working for change – we work proactively with government and policy makers at national and local level to influence legislation and practice
• Partnership working – We actively explore opportunities for establishing joint projects and relationships with other organisations that will improve services for carers and the people they support
• Learning – we learn from the good practice of others in order to improve our services for carers and the people they support and we encourage others to learn from us
We are passionate in providing high quality support to Carers by enabling them to take a break from their caring responsibilities, with the peace of mind that comes from the knowing that the person with care needs is in the good, reliable and professionally trained hands of our Carer Support Workers.
Together, we can help more Carers make a life of their own outside of caring.
If you would like to know more about the quality of our service, you can find our latest Care Quality Commission Report at: http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-2120474882